About Ellie Ryan
Ellie Ryan has been working at e-BAS Accounts since early 2017 in a casual position as a senior bookkeeper. Ellie has several years’ bookkeeping experience and has recently attained a dual Certificate IV in Financial Services (Bookkeeping and Accounting). Ellie is working towards registering as a BAS Agent and will do so once she has gained the 1,400 hours of experience required. During her time with us so far, Ellie has shown herself to be very diligent, paying attention to detail at all times – a very important characteristic for bookkeepers indeed. Ellie has proven to be a very valuable member of our staff and we are very lucky to have her with us [as are our clients!].
Who exactly is Ellie Ryan?
Well, besides being an awesome bookkeeper, there are many interesting things to know about Ellie Ryan. Here are some of them:
- She was born in Daylesford, Victoria and later moved to Ocean Grove with her family at the age of 11.
- She briefly lived in Albany WA due to her father’s job. Whilst there, she got caught in a rip and was almost eaten by a shark!
- Ellie now lives in Karratha, WA with her partner, so I guess the shark attack didn’t scare her away from the West!
- She attended Bellarine Secondary College in Drysdale.
- Some of her interests include drawing, music, crocheting, looking after her dog Harvey as well as 4 green tree frogs, 1 Stimson python and a goldfish called Gina. She also likes camping, snorkelling and driving around in her 4×4.
- AFL team? Western Bulldogs – we won’t hold that against her lol!
- When she was younger, Ellie wanted to be a nurse, a chef or a vet – thank heavens she chose bookkeeping instead – we’d be lost without her!
- Ellie is well-travelled having been to Thailand, Canada and Alaska. She hopes to travel some more down the track.
Those are just a few fun facts about Ellie. If you want to read some more about her, visit our interview blog.
Ellie hopes to improve her bookkeeping and BAS skills further in her current position with us. She aims to broaden her knowledge on a variety of bookkeeping-related issues and to hone her skills where possible. She is currently learning to use all of the various software we use here at e-BAS Accounts, including Xero, Saasu, MYOB, Quickbooks Online and Reckon Accounts.
We are very pleased Ellie has chosen e-BAS Accounts to be her employer. We are blessed.