About Louise McLoughlin
You’re here because you’re thinking about engaging a bookkeeper for your business. You want to know who you’re dealing with and be sure that we’re the right fit. Me, too. So, here you go … the low-down on me (Louise).
I honed my bookkeeping craft on my husband’s mechanics business, studying QuickBooks, setting up filing and admin systems and diving into the intricacies of the brand new, introductory GST legislation in 2000. I loved it – the challenge, the numbers, bringing order to the business chaos. My husband got on with what he did best while I took care of the paperwork. Before long, business-owner friends were asking me to do the same for them. It was time to get serious!
I joined Australian Bookkeepers’ Network (ABN) and Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and gained Certificate IV in Financial Services (Bookkeeping). In 2010, the Tax practitioners Board (TPB) awarded me registration as a BAS Agent.
In 2012, my husband sold his business, meaning I could turn my full focus to developing my virtual bookkeeping business. And so e-BAS Accounts was born.
I genuinely love spending my days (and occasional nights) solving my clients’ bookkeeping and BAS dilemmas. It’s a mystery to me that so many business-owners loathe their paperwork. Numbers talk to me in all sorts of ways; I see patterns and inconsistencies that others don’t and I get an amazing buzz when I find that missing piece to the numerical puzzle. I delight in staying up-to-date with accounting software packages, bookkeeping techniques, tax requirements and BAS lodgement obligations. It’s all part of the fun and the challenge for me.
I thrive in running this small business that puts my 14 years of bookkeeping experience to work helping other small business-owners make the most of their enterprises. What an awesome way to make a living.
**You can read more about Louise in this blog post “It’s all about me”.
Ten things you don’t need to know about me
- I am a number nerd, loud and proud.
- I spent my first decade growing up in the country town of Colac.
- I now live on Victoria’s beautiful Surf Coast.
- I am wife to one and mother to three (adults).
- I was adopted as a baby, along with my brother and sister.
- I trained (and worked) as a primary school teacher.
- I own three 16-year old Jack Russell dogs: Lucy, Jack and Spike.
- I am a music-lover – anything from Pink, Good Charlotte and Paul Kelly, to ABBA, Eric Clapton and more.
- I love dining out, a good red wine and spending time on my own.
- I am a closet singer who always dreamed of getting on stage with a band. Too shy!