BAS Agent Portal Upgrade – What’s New?
Recently the BAS Agent Portal received an upgrade. So what’s changed and what’s new?
1. Your client’s Integrated Client Account (ICA) statement is now available for BAS agents to view. This is fantastic – no more having to ring the ATO to have them send out a copy to you and/or no more pestering the client’s accountant for the same information. When viewing the ICA, you can clearly see when client’s made payments (or didn’t make payments) and how much the client still owes or if a refund is due.
2. You can now update client details within the portal, including adding activity statement tax roles.
3. You can now access various reports about your client. Depending on your client’s tax activity, these reports may include client account running balance, PAYG instalments, year to date interest summary and others.
4. Access to online forms – you now have access to the portal feedback form, private ruling application and objections, request for replacement cheque form and tax practitioner services referral form.
5. The mail functionality has been expanded. You can now communicate via email with the ATO on a range of topics such as activity statements, debt & lodgement, registrations, GST, PAYG instalments, general questions or problems, statement requests and refunds/remissions.
We love the BAS Agent Portal here at e-BAS Accounts. Granted, it does have intermittent internet-related issues which are annoying but on the whole we have found the portal to be a great resource and an integral part of our systems. Now, with these upgrades, it is even better. Well done ATO!
To find out more information about this upgrade, please visit the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers post on this topic.