Tax Payment Deferrals during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 period, the ATO is providing the following deferral concessions to small businesses affected by Corona Virus. Please note, these initiatives are not automatically applied to your tax accounts. You must either contact the ATO to discuss your situation or ask your accountant and/or your tax professional to speak to the ATO on your behalf to activate the below. If you would like to speak to the ATO yourself, call the Emergency Support Info-line on 1800 806 218.
- Quarterly BAS lodgers can convert to a monthly cycle to assist with cash flow and/or receive any refunds due sooner.
- A deferral of up to 6 months on payments of BAS tax, income tax, fringe benefit tax and excise.
- Varying PAYG instalments amounts (income tax) to zero for the March 2020 quarter. Businesses can also apply for refunds of instalments paid in the September and December 2019 quarters.
- Interest and/or penalties applied to your tax accounts since 23 January 2020 can be remitted.
- Allowing businesses with existing and ongoing tax debt to enter into low interest payment plans.