Continuing our how-to series for Saasu, today we look at adding a new contact to your accounting file. Saasu doesn’t differentiate between customers and suppliers as in many other software products. The contacts are grouped together in one big list but you can search for a contact via first and last name, company name, email address and contact ID as can be seen below:
1. Click on the “Contacts” tab at the top of the Saasu file to open the contacts navigator.
2. You can search for a contact using several filters as can be seen below:
3. To add a new contact, click on the “show” button and a new menu will appear:
4. Now click on “Add” (to the left across the top). The “Add a Contact” window will appear:
5. Complete the required fields as required. You can add as much data or as little – it’s up to you. You will notice that “Auto Send Statement” is selected. This means that if you have set up auto statements (to be covered later in this series), then this contact will received a statement automatically if they owe you money. If you don’t want this to happen, simply uncheck the box. If you do want to send out auto statements, then you will need to at least complete the contact’s first and last name as a minimum.You will notice here too that you can differentiate between customers and suppliers in this window. For the purpose of this example, we have chosen “customer”.
6. Click on “Save and Close” if you have finished or “Save and Add Another” if you have other contacts to add.
7. You will now see your new contact listed with the other contacts and in alphabetical order.
So that’s how you create a new contact in Saasu. It’s simple and set up to be “no fuss’ type of process so that anyone can do it. Next time, we will look at creating items. Until then, keep smiling everyone!