Today I am going to show you how to raise a purchase invoice in Saasu. It’s very similar to raising a sales invoice and is just as easy. Here are the steps:
1. Click on the “purchases” tab in Saasu to open the Purchases section. Click on “Add”.
2. This is the screen you will see:
3. Click on the drop-down arrow next to “Type”. A list of options will be shown: Pre-Quote Opportunity, Quote, Purchase Order (yes, you can create a PO in Saasu!), Adjustment Note, Recipient Created Tax Invoice, Money-Out Expense. Choose which purchase type you need.
4. Add the information into your purchase invoice as required. You have the choice of choosing an “item”or “service” invoice. If you have inventory or items set up (I will cover this in a later blog) you will most likely choose “item” but you may also choose “service” particularly if your are entering an invoice for a general expense e.g. Telephone Account. You can add “tags” if you want to but this is not compulsory. In this example, we will choose “service”.
5. Click on “Save”. Now you will see 3 new options at the top of screen – “Pay”, “Print PDF” and “Email PDF”. You can choose to tell Saasu that this purchase was paid today, print a copy of the invoice or send a copy of the invoice to someone (or all 3 if you need to!).
6. Now click on “Save and Close” and you will be taken back to the Purchases window.
7. You will see your new purchase that you created in the list.
Well that’s it! Not to hard at all. Now go into your Saasu file and have a go a creating a purchase invoice.
Our next blog in this series will cover adding a new contact. Until then, have fun with Saasu!