Today we continue our series of blogs which go to explain how we work with our clients at e-BAS Accounts. Our first blog in the series explained how we connect with our clients to process their BAS. This one outlines part one of our procedure when onboarding new clients – the potential client interview. The interview allows us to “get to know each other” and decide if we’re a good fit for one another. The interview is complimentary and is never on-charged to the client. The interview questions are as follows:
Interview questions for new/potential clients
- Tell me about your business.
- Have you ever used a bookkeeper before?
- What tasks would you like a bookkeeper to do for you?
- What accounting software do you use?
- Do you need e-BAS Accounts to create your accounting file from scratch?
- Do you have any apps connected to your software?
- Are you/your company registered for GST?
- Do you want us to process your BAS and/or IAS?
- Are you up to date with your bookkeeping? Are you up to date with BAS lodgements?
- Are you up to date with income tax lodgements?
- Do you want us to liaise with your accountant?
- Do you do any data entry yourself and/or use the software for invoicing?
- Do you employ staff?
- Do you want e-BAS Accounts to process your payroll and/or superannuation contributions?
- Do you want monthly/quarterly meetings?
- Do you want monthly/quarterly reporting?
- Do you think you would like to engage with us? (if not, can you explain why you don’t think we can work together?)
- How do you want to work with us – completely in the cloud or via paper exchange or a mixture of both?
- Do you want to work together for one month or quarter and then meet again and review how things are going so we can tweak the system?
- How would you like to share your documents/receipts with us?
- How do you want to pay us – fixed package or hourly (or mixture of both)?
- Please complete our “New Client Form” (provided to the potential client if he would like to proceed with engagement)
- What items would you like included in the engagement letter?
- What contact details would you like to share with us?
- Do you have any questions for us?
So there it is – our potential/new client interview. If you are interested in finding out if we are the bookkeeping firm/BAS Agent for you, please get in touch and we’ll go through this interview process together. We’ll chat and get to know each other. You may not like what you hear or you may love us (and vice versa) – either way, it’s no skin off our noses and at no charge to you, so what have you got to lose? Call us today to set up your interview!