Taxable Payments Annual Report

How to lodge a TPAR non-lodgement advice form (NIL TPAR)

If you normally lodge a Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) but have decided that this year, you don’t have anything to report, you can lodge a “Non-lodgement Advice” form (NIL TPAR) with the ATO. You can do this online via ATO Online Services.

If you are a sole trader or individual taxpayer you can access Online Services through your myGov account. If you are another structure, such as a company, you can access Online Services via Online Services for Business.

Submitting a TPAR non-lodgement advice form,

  • allows you to notify multiple years on the same form
  • allows you to advise when you do not need to lodge in the future
  • allows you to give a reason for not lodging
  • validates information entered
  • provides a reference number for confirmation
  • appears in the lodgment history tab.

If you are not sure if you need to lodge a TPAR or not, go to this ATO webpage which will help you work this out.

Like it? Share it!

Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) to include 3 more industries – road freight, IT & security

The ATO has announced that those businesses providing services in the following 3 industries will be caught in the “TPAR net” from 1st July 2019.

  • Road freight services
  • Information technology services
  • Security, investigation or surveillance services

From 1st July 2019, businesses in the above 3 industries will need to track payments made to contractors they use to provide their services. Then, they will need to report these payments in their first TPAR which will be due for lodgement by 28th August 2020.

Read more from the ATO about this here.

Note, the ATO has also included cleaning and courier services in the TPAR program, beginning 1st July 2018.

If your business in included in any of the above industries and you think you will need help setting up tracking payments to contractors in your chosen accounting software and/or lodging the TPAR, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.

Like it? Share it!

Cleaners & Couriers now required to lodge a Taxable Payments Annual Report

The ATO has now confirmed that those who run a courier and/or cleaning business must lodge a Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) from 1 July 2018.

Like it? Share it!

How to lodge your taxable payments annual report online

If you are in the building and construction industry, you are now required to lodge a taxable payments annual report (TPAR) by the 28th of August each year. The TPAR tells the ATO about payments you have made to contractors during the year in your business. Lodging via hard copy and snail mail can be a nuisance particularly if there are many contractors to report about. Information about lodging your TPAR online can be found on this ATO webpage.

Even though the above ATO webpage explains how to lodge the TPAR via the business portal, the instructions still apply to BAS Agents using the BAS Portal to lodge on behalf of clients as the lodging process is the same. In fact, the instructions apply to lodgement of any file via the portals so this video is pretty handy.

For more information about the Taxable Payments, Annual Report read our in-depth blog here.

Like it? Share it!

Taxable Payments Reporting for the Building & Construction Industry

Recently I attended one of the free webinars presented by the ATO about the new Taxable Payments Reporting system that has begun as of today, July 1st, 2012. I found it to be very informative and easy to follow. I highly recommend anyone who needs to know more about the new system, attends one of these webinars. Here’s hoping the ATO will produce many more webinars across a whole range of topics in the months to come – much easier attending a presentation from the comfort of your own office!

 The following is a summary of what was presented at the webinar:

Like it? Share it!
Scroll to Top